This is the fabulous Mr. Ted Allen.
You've probably seen him most recently on television shows like "Chopped", "The Best Thing I Ever Ate", "Top Chef" and "Iron Chef America". He's also a best-selling cookbook author ("The Foods You Want To Eat - 100 Smart, Simple Recipes").
Well, we all got to know him as the Food and Wine Connoisseur on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy".
Why are we telling you all of this? Because Ted will be co-hosting the "Discover Wine Day" at Robert Mondavi Winery on April 16 with Margrit Mondavi herself!
- Complimentary wine tasting from 10 am to 5 pm on the lawn
- Live music and food vendors from 11 am to 4 pm on the lawn and in the vineyards
- Ted and Mrs. Mondavi will offer an official welcome and toast from noon until 12:30 pm
- Ted will sign copies of his cookbook from 12:30 to 1:00 pm
- "Tasting the in Vineyard" with Matt Ashby & Mark DeVere from 10:30 to 11:30 am ($15 per person)
- Food and Wine Pairing with winery chef Jeff Mosher from 11:00 to 11:45 am and again with Chef Jeff and Ted Allen at 1:00 to 1:45 pm ($15 per person, per session)
- Reserve Tasting and Q&A with winemaker Genevieve Janssens from 1:30 to 2:30 pm ($35 per person)
- 2008 I-Block Fume Blanc Release party hosted by Margrit Mondavi & Ted Allen with food pairings from Chef Mosher from 3:00 to 5:00 pm ($50 per person)
There's no admission charge, except for the special events. Let's just enjoy spring in the Napa Valley together in one of the most beautiful spots - the Robert Mondavi Winery in Oakville!