Tuesday, March 30, 2010
It's the once-a-month event that takes over Main Street in downtown St. Helena. On the first Friday of each month (between May and October) the stores, galleries and restaurants stay open late. Each storefront hosts a different Napa Valley winery. There's entertainment throughout the downtown corridor. People mix and mingle. It was a HUGE hit in it's inaugural season last year with over 15,000 people attending. It's a blast!
So, why not join the ground troops from the Napa Guerilla Gay Bar on Friday, May 7 when we invade Cheers! St. Helena during their first event of the 2010 season. Things get started at 6 p.m. and last until 9.
It's free to attend the event but if you want to sample wine then the cost is $35 . . . but if you donate $100 before April 15 you'll receive a season pass for all 6 events during 2010! You can make your donation at http://www.cheerssthelena.com/
So, how will you know your fellow troops as you roam? Dig through your closet and drawers and find something with rainbows or camouflage - extra points for something that is BOTH rainbow and camouflage! It can be something as simple as a button. It might even be your wristband from last year's Napa Valley Pride celebration!
Monday, March 29, 2010
You've heard about the "Rutherford Dust" - now here's your chance to taste it for yourself!
The good folks at the Rutherford Appellation Winery group are offering the troops from the Napa Guerilla Gay Bar a special 20% discount on tickets for the "Rutherford Passport Weekend" on May 1st and 2nd. Just type "napagays" (without the quote marks) in the promotional code field when you purchase your tickets on-line and you'll receive a whopping 20% discount!
The wineries participating in the event include:
- Sun-dried tomato pesto served on Bouchon French Bagette wedges
- Assorted sausage sliders topped with a onion aoli sauce
- Queso Manchego (Aged Spanish sheep’s milk cheese)
- Decadent chocolate brownies from the Piña’s family recipe
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
TAX DAY is COMING!
We're going to try to take a bit of the sting out of the process this year. Your friends at the Napa Guerilla Gay Bar have called for a mission the day before your tax return is due.
We're going to descend upon Zinsvalley Restaurant (1106 First Street in Downtown Napa) on Wednesday, April 14 when they celebrate "Happy Hour" all evening long!
What does that mean?
- Premium bottled beers for just $ 3
- Well drinks are only $ 4
- Specialty cocktails & call drinks are just $ 6
- Zinsvalley's house white or red wine at $ 4 a glass
- Discounts on their great selection of "Shareables" including their fantastic crispy calamari, sweet onion rings and a selection of pizzas.
Don't think you'll have your tax return done? Never fear - your Mission Commander will have a handful of IRS Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S Individual Income Tax Return) for any troops that need more time . . . or another drink.
Troops will begin arriving at 5 p.m. and should continue arriving throughout the evening as they complete other missions (aka "get off work").
Saturday, March 20, 2010
It's hard to believe but it was one year ago today that the troops from the Napa Guerilla Gay Bar went of their very first mission!
And it's been an absolutely amazing year:
And it's been an absolutely amazing year:
- We've conducted 18 maneuvers (you can see a complete list on the right-hand margin of our website).
- More than 200 folks have been "recruited" to join our Facebook group
- "Team Guerilla" raised over $6,000 for AIDS Walk Napa Valley - and won the coveted "Number One Team" award
- "Rockin' Around - A Holiday Party" raised over $2,250 for the Napa Valley Food Bank & Napa Valley Shelter Program.
- More than 70 folks of all ages had a ball when we invaded Napa Bowl
- We visited Rose at Panchas of Yountville several times. She "won our hearts and minds" when during our first visit she turned down the jukebox, got up on the bar and thanked us for coming and told us that we were "always welcome" in her place!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
It's breakfast and gambling all in one place - and it's not a casino!
Join the troops from the Napa Guerilla Gay Bar on Saturday, March 27 when we once again invade Compadres Rio Grille (505 Lincoln Avenue in Napa) from 9 to 11 a.m. This time - breakfast and, if you choose, eye-opening cocktails!
So, here's the deal. Compadres is running a special during the weekend mornings during March to promote their breakfast/bunch menu. Here's how it works:
- You enjoy a traditional American or Mexican breakfast, or any one the their very own "special creative dishes"
- They'll flip a coin - you "call it"
- If you win the coin toss your entree in on the house!
And don't forget about their $3 Bloody Marys (vodka), Bloody Marias (made with tequila) and $5.50 Mimosas made with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
Monday, March 1, 2010
It's an opportunity to take a walk down memory lane - at least for your Mission Commander and his fellow troops that grew up during the 60's and 70's.
Join us on Saturday, March 13th when Silo's Jazz Club presents Kellie Fuller and Mike Greensill perform popular classics from the likes of Burt Bacharach, Karen Carpenter, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick, Dusty Springfield, Michael Jackson and more. Kellie and Mike will be performing two sets - the first starting at 8 p.m., the second begins at 9:45 p.m.
Tickets are $15 and reservations can (and should) be made by calling Silo's at (707) 251-5833 or visiting www.silosjazzclub.com. When you make your reservation be sure to mention that you're part of the Napa Guerilla Gay Bar platoon.
Silo's is located in the Historic Napa Mill complex at 530 Main Street in Napa.